How to Drink Water? Sounds weird, right? Isn’t it as simple as grabbing a water bottle or a glass of water, and sip it in to quench your thirst? Nah. Its even simpler than that. Definitely in a long run.
Drinking water is healthy but drinking it in an improper way is not. So the main thing is that you drink water according to your daily requirement (1.5-2 liters/day).
I have heard many people complain that they drink water regularly, but it is not showing any good results onto the body. But did you know water is one easily available resource that can help you deal with all your ailments.
Science proves that when a person drinks too much water in a short period of time, the kidneys cannot flush it out fast enough and the bladder becomes waterlogged which can, strangely, become a cause of death.
We are lucky that we get pure drinking water exclusively available in our house. But there are people who still have to walk miles only to get a bucket of water.
Below are some tips to drink water in a manner suggested by our ancestors.
1. Do not drink water directly from a container.
Do not drink directly from a water pitcher (or any water container). Instead, take a glass and fill it with water.
2. Check water before drinking it. Look for any impurities.
Always check if there is any unusual thing present in water. We should drink clean water.
3. Sit and drink water
Science has proved that drinking water whilst standing or walking can cause Gastrointestinal Tract (GIT) damage, kidney damage, arthritis, nerve tension and other disorders.
4. Drink water in 3 sips, taking deep breathe in between
It is not a good practice to drink water in a single gulp, an act that we normally do when we are extremely thirsty.
Scientific studies show that there are many harmful effects in drinking water in one breath. It can cause choking of esophagus. It especially weakens the muscles and nerves. It is also detrimental for the liver and stomach.
So always have water in 2 or 3 sips instead of gulping it at once.
5. Don’t exhale in the container whilst drinking water.
This one is an important etiquette of drinking water.
Science shows that exhaling CO2 into a glass of water causes it to react and form carbonic acid that can disturb our internal environment causing a pH change. This, in worse condition, can lead to ‘Acidosis’ ( a condition where the blood has too much acid (or a very low base) and often causes decreased blood pH).
When is the correct time to have water?
- As soon as you get up in the morning, before brushing your teeth, gargle and have atleast 2 glasses of warm water.
- Drink one glass of water 30 minutes before a meal to help digestion. Remember not to drink too soon before or after a meal as the water will dilute the digestive juices.
- Drink water an hour after the meal to allow the body to absorb the nutrients.
- Drink more water when you are tired, ill or hungry.
Hope this helps.
Let me know in comments below if you know any other tip on how to drink water.
Don’t forget to like and follow us on WorkEatOut
Sharing is caring!
Categories: Health and Wellness