I love reading facts and I am sure most of you’ll would be interested in reading facts about almost everything. It is so fascinating to learn more.
So I am sharing few facts on “know what you don’t know” about kitchen tips/tricks as well as some food and life facts, let’s see how many of you’ll had previously known the facts I’ll be sharing below;
- To keep blocks of cheese fresher longer, wrap them in aluminum foil instead of plastic wrap. It will help prevent mold.
- If you want to burn fat faster, sip a cup of coffee before working out, It will speed up the process.
- Soak diced or sliced raw onions in ice water for 15 minutes to make them less pungent. It’s good for salads
- When you get home from the store, separate bananas from the main stem. They will not ripen as quickly. Or you can even cover the stem with aluminium foil.
- Unbaked cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours or frozen in an airtight container for up to 9 months.
- When frying meat, sprinkle paprika on meat to make them golden brown.
- A few drops of lemon juice added to simmering rice will keep the grains separated.
- Achieve professionally decorated cakes with a silky, molten look by blow-drying the frosting with a hair dryer until the frosting melts slightly.
- To keep hot oil from splattering, sprinkle a little salt or flour in the pan before frying.
- To absorb the pungent odor of foods like fish or cabbage, place a small bowl filled with white vinegar on the stove while cooking.
- Apples belong to the rose family, as do pears and plums.
- About 70% of olive oil being sold is not actually pure olive oil.
- Chocolate was once used as currency.
- Coconut water can be used as blood plasma.
- Ketchup was used as a medicine in the 1800s to treat diarrhea, among other things.
- Peanuts aren’t nuts, they’re legumes.
- Eating bananas can help fight depression.
- The reason why peppers taste hot is because of a chemical compound called capsaicin, which bonds to your sensory nerves and tricks them into thinking your mouth is actually being burned.
- One of the most hydrating foods to eat is the cucumber, which is 96% water.
- Crackers, like Saltines, have small holes in them to prevent air bubbles from ruining the baking process.
- The average person spends 6 months of their lifetime waiting on a red light to turn green.
- If you believe that you’re truly one in a million, there are still approximately 7,184 more people out there just like you.
- Coca-Cola would be green if coloring wasn’t added to it.
- Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- Honey never spoils
- Avocados are poisonous to birds.
- The number of animals killed for meat every hour in the U.S. is 500,000.
- If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.(If you are allergic to cows milk, then you should know this 6 milk alternatives)
- Cockroaches can live for several weeks with their heads cut off, because their brains are located inside their body. They would eventually die from being unable to eat.
- Just like fingerprints, everyone has different tongue prints.
- Birds don’t urinate
- If a pregnant woman has organ damage, the baby in her womb sends stem cells to help repair the organ.
- Although about 71 percent of the Earth’s surface is covered in water, researchers estimate that less than 5% of it has been seen by human eyes. The rest of it remains a mystery.
- During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
- 95% of people text things they could never say in person
- May babies are on average 200 grams heavier than babies born in other months.
- Children laugh about 400 times a day, while adults laugh on average only 15 times a day.
- Oall the animals on earth the mosquito has contributed to the deaths of more people than any other animal
- The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon. This is because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time.all the animals on earth the mosquito has contributed to the deaths of more people than any other animal.