Chicken hara masala is a big hit in my family, especially when my mom prepares it. My 2.8 year old daughter also craves for my mom style chicken hara masala. She doesn’t like eating chicken at all no matter how tasty it is except the one I am talking about.
Sharing with you my all time favourite simple yet delicious chicken recipe which is gonna let you lick your fingers clean.
Chicken Green Masala/ chicken hara masala
500 grams chicken medium pieces cleaned
2 slit green chillies
2 tablespoons fresh ginger garlic paste
Oil as needed
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 table spoon Green masala paste
Salt as per taste
2 potatoes (optional)
Coriander for garnishing (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok
- Add sliced onion
- Add ginger garlic paste and salt. I made some fresh gg paste.
- Next add slit green chillies
- Stir it until onions turn brown
- Add chopped tomatoes
- Cook, till it becomes soft
- Add green masala paste, turmeric powder and stir for a while till you get a nice aroma of spices (present in green masala)
- Now add Lemon juice
- Close the lid cook again for 3 minutes on sim
- Add chicken, mix well
- You can add potatoes now which is totally optional
- Close the lid of the container and cook it until chicken becomes tender.
- Don’t add much water. Just add half cup of water only if it is needed.
- Garnish it with coriander
Serving suggestions :
You can simply have it with zeera (cumin) rice or plain steamed rice. I like having it with Goan Pav (soft bread roll, famous in Goa, west part of India). This combo is simply out of the world.
You need to give it a try.
Let me know in comments when you try try this recipe and how you like it.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook WorkEatOut .
Sharing is caring!